Ricki Lake Love: "Better Late Than Never"



Ricki Lake's princess card is all filled up thanks to her time on Dancing With the Stars. The newlywed cites her turn in the bright spotlight as part of the reason she and Christian Evans opted to elope.

“It was a week ago and I am so, so happy to be with him," Ricki Lake, who tied the knot in a private ceremony on April 8, said Tuesday. "Better late than never."
Of her decision to keep their nuptials a secret Ricki Lake divulged during a visit to The View, "Dancing With the Stars was such an experience where I felt like I was a princess twice a week. I got to get all the attention and the accolades and I didn't need that on my wedding day. I really wanted it to be about us."
Ricki Lake certainly got her wish. The couple's beachside vow exchange was attended only by their dogs -- her two sons didn't even get to witness her wedding!
Ricki Lake Show is making a comeback >>


"It was Easter break," the mother of 15-year-old Milo and 10-year-old Owen explained of their absence. "It was spring break and it was actually Easter Sunday and they were with their father. We invited them, but I think they were more concerned with what cake they were missing versus the ceremony. We celebrated with them and they've always felt like he's a stepfather to them anyways so they're really happy for us."

"He is my soul mate," Ricki Lake, whose book Never Say Never is now out, added of her new husband. "I was ready for that right person to come into my life."
Image via WENN

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/957525/ricki-lake-eloped-after-dwts

0 comments

Leave a Reply

Copyright 2009 @ Simplex Celebs All rights reserved Designed by SimplexDesign